We are pleased to announce that DANONE’s project of implementing custom-made IT solutions built with the Productive24 platform took 2nd place in the IDG’s competition for the best cloud service implementation!
What was the project about?
The main objective of the project was to streamline the processes of providing cloud IT solutions for individual companies and business divisions within the DANONE Group by the DANONE IT department, as well as to reduce the costs of implementation, maintenance and development of IT systems. – Dariusz Radzimirski (Business Systems Manager – Topline Sales, DBS IT CEN, DANONE). For this purpose, DANONE chose the Productive24 technology.
– As part of the project, business applications for sales, finance (controlling) and customer service departments were prepared and implemented. These solutions were to guarantee security and full reflection of our business processes, far-reaching customization, possibility of introducing dynamic changes during and after the project, as well as easy system extension in the future. We fully achieved this objective and completed the project together with the Productive24 team in about a month. – Michał Krokosz (Commercial Terms Specialist, Żywiec Zdrój S.A.).
Thanks to Productive24, the whole burden of project was reduced to the business analysis. There were only two experts (business analysts) from Productive24 involved in the project and they were responsible both for the analysis and project management, as well as system configuration, implementation, testing, and ongoing modifications. – The fact that the project on both sides involved only business stakeholders had a positive impact on the time of the implementation and precision in adapting the solution to DANONE’s specific requirements. – Krystian Szczęsny (Sales Efficiency Manager, Żywiec Zdrój S.A.).
– Thanks to the unique nature of Productive24, the project was conducted entirely without engaging any software development teams, which wouldn’t be possible in the traditional software delivery model. This resulted in minimizing the biggest and most “notorious” IT project risks, i.e. exceeding budgets and extending project schedules even by months. This is why when there is a need to digitize an area or a process, the first thing that comes to our mind is Productive24. – Dariusz Radzimirski (Business Systems Manager – Topline Sales, DBS IT CEN, DANONE).
How has DANONE benefited from Productive24?
Thanks to Productive24, organization has gained:
- An innovative way to digitize and automate processes quickly and without compromises (due to minimizing costs and risks of IT projects).
- Increased agility of delivering applications to a variety of stakeholders – the use of Productive24 enabled hyperautomation of DANONE’s internal processes, an agile approach to implementing new, customized IT solutions, an increase in the throughput and relief of the workload of the IT department, an increase in the efficiency of administrative processes by 20%.
- Full reflection of DANONE’s specific business processes – the entire business process is supported by a single IT application.
- Monitoring, data consistency and correct execution of processes – all ensured by Productive24
- One technology, multiple applications – Productive24 allows DANONE to easily develop and deploy solutions for different business areas and combine them into one coherent ecosystem.
Long-term project effects
The project has provided DANONE with a high degree of technological and business agility, which comes from the ease of deploying new applications, adding new features, and modifying existing solutions. The project to deploy cloud solutions built with Productive24 across DANONE companies has also become a catalyst for digital transformation to a greater extent.
The success of the project resulted in the promotion of the solution internationally throughout the group so that dedicated processes built on the basis of Productive24 are now being implemented in new business areas and other DANONE companies in Central Europe and the Nordic countries. – Dariusz Radzimirski (Business Systems Manager – Topline Sales, DBS IT CEN, DANONE).
A new path for deploying cloud business solutions
It is also important that the success of this project is a prize for the entire business software market. – In the retail and FMCG industries, as in other branches of the economy, there is a constant search for tools to minimize costs and optimize processes. IT solutions that automate work and allow for full control over data are gaining popularity. However, implementation of business-class solutions, especially tailored ones, usually involves high costs, numerous project teams, and many risks of failure, which means that many projects do not go beyond the initial analysis phase. In projects involving the Productive24 platform, the risk basically no longer exists. – Dariusz Radzimirski (Business Systems Manager – Topline Sales, DBS IT CEN, DANONE).
More about the project in the following case study:
Best In Cloud 2020 and 2021
Winning the podium by DANONE in this year’s IDG competition makes us proud twice – in the last years’ edition Productive24 won “unquestionably”– quoting the IDG report – in the “Best start-up in the cloud technology” category. The award granted to DANONE by the jury confirms that the trend of hyperautomation enters our business reality increasingly boldly.
The characteristics of the other awarded solutions will soon be published in the Computerworld Best in Cloud 2021 report.